Sunday, October 08, 2006

First Fright (and it's not even Halloween)

Already, I have to wonder about the world I am bringing my child in to. He/she is little more than an abstract concept to me, my only real experience being with my wife's nausea. Still, I'm already afraid for him.

Why Kim Jong Il needs a nuclear bomb, I have no idea. I remember growing up in the shadow of the cold war. It was terrifying. I do not want my child to have to suffer through that. Daddy can't protect him from THAT!

It's a scarier world than it was even two days ago. Why does man have to hate man? Why do we need weapons to kill millions? I don't even trust MY government with that power. Kim Jong Il has a long history of abusing power.

I pray the world lasts long enough for me to see my child's face. Maybe I'll find my hope again tomorrow.

3 comments:

GODrums said...

These are fears that can keep you up at night. Once little brian/ann gets here, you all you will want to do is hold the baby the whole time. You will make a great dad...and just think by the time this one is 10, you'll say to yourself, "I've been here already...I know what to do."

J and I are so happy for ya'll and when it's time to put car seats in your cars, come over to the house...we'll get 'er done....J is the "carseat nazi".

Gale said...

eah...I hate that that crazy man has the bomb too...and I know how you feel. The war with Iraq started the week after Nathan was born.

Tony said...

That's why we moved to Columbus. Most of the countries that hate us probably doesn't know that this little metropolis is here...