Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Playhouse Disney


Well, a funny thing happened to me today. My somewhat massive post about preschool music attracted the attention of a publicist for Playhouse Disney. This was staggering for me, as I though only my parent friends were reading this blog. So, she read the post and suggested I check out The Imagination Movers. If The Wiggles are your kids first rock band, The Imagination Movers are your kids first Alt-Rock band. And admittedly, the tunes meet the criteria, which is "good enough for me not to hate it", and "safe enough for her to hear it". I'd be embarrassed to be listening to it without Katie around. But it's catchy, and the most important thing is, I wouldn't be embarrassed to be listening to it with Katie around, which I can't say for most of the music of my teens and twenties. I've just noticed, while they ALL contain music, of the 24 "shows" on Playhouse Disney, a full third of them are explicitly ABOUT music. I guess it is a pretty big part of your preschoolers life. Of course, Katie is a long way from being a preschooler. You be stretching credibility to call her a toddler at this point.

Anyway, since I've apparently become a spokesperson for Playhouse Disney, I thought I'd point out that there IS a section for parents on their website. And it actually does have a useful thing or two in it.
------------------------------
And now for a diaper change....

Brian
muse.platypionline.com

3 comments:

GODrums said...

My kids would be embarassed if caught listening to the Imagination Movers. Elijah likes the Black Crowes and Ethan liked Cheap Trick.

GODrums said...

I should say "likes" not "liked" I have to hear "Surrender" almost every time we get in the car.

Anonymous said...

GODrums - just so you know - I heard an interview on XM Kids with the Imagination Movers and their recent CD "Juice Box Heroes" was going to be called - For Those About to Hop. Based on their convo, they might have more in common with Cheap Trick than you'd know :)