Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm don't want to share


So, I'm not done writing yet. I just changed topics. Anyway,

I'm having a tough time wanting to share all the activities involved getting a baby (My first, mind you) with my step son. I know he wants to be involved and feel like part of the family, but damnit, I've never done any of this before and almost certainly never will again. Ideally, the way it was meant to be, the parents would enjoy all the picking out of stuff, the ultra sounds, the wiggles and jiggles the first time. Then, having been through it once, it would only be natural to include the first child in the process of preparing for the second's arrival.

It's petty, and I'm ashamed of myself, but I am jealous of the fact that I have to share my wife at this time. But in the words of the powerful and wise Super Chicken, "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred". Yes, I knew what I was getting in to. We just never planned on having kids.

I'll grow up. I promise.

That's enough for now,

Brian Norwood
muse.platypionline.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you are honest with the whole process. I can't imagine going through it with a step-son. So the trials, frustrations, fears, and lessons are all there that I can't relate to. But I can offer my prayers for you bro. Keep it up.

Tony said...

Man that's tough. I have no idea what that is like.

Super Chicken... nice pull...

Kimberly said...

It's so much cooler to admit that now. Good on you, Dude. With a new baby, you will be competing with A LOT more than that for quite a while.

GODrums said...

welcome to the club.....I understand...I don't always like sharing my wife with any of the kids...even the ones we had together....but sometimes I'm jealous of monkey #1 when she gets her mom's attention. Sometimes I like to defend her so she'll like me...sometimes I feel like giving up......I'm right there with you.....